Today's glass handrails, glass curtain walls, etc. use laminated glass because of the different processes required.
We recently received a request from our customers to use SGP.
So, what is the difference between PVB and SGP laminated glass? Let us analyze it for everyone.
Laminated glass is generally produced using PVB film; since PVB film was originally developed for automotive glass rather than for the construction of curtain walls, although the construction project has been used for many years, it has a wide range of applications and has achieved outstanding safety, but PVB film is elastic, soft, and has a small shear modulus. After the two glasses are stressed, there will be relative slip, load capacity reduction, and tortuous deformation. At the same time, PVB film laminated glass is easy to be wetted and opened for a long time. Yellowing is present, so PVB film laminated glass can be used for general glass curtain walls and is not suitable for high performance glass curtain walls.
The shear modulus of the ion film SGP is more than 50 times that of PVB and 5 times of the PVB at the tearing strength. When the laminated glass produced by the ion film is stressed, no sliding between the two glasses is produced; The glass is like a piece of glass, and its bearing capacity is twice that of PVB laminated glass. Under the condition of flat load and the same thickness, the twist of SGP laminated glass is only 1/4 of that of PVB laminated glass.
Compared to laminated glass produced by PVB, the performance of laminated glass produced by SGP film is superior, due to the following properties:
1. It has high bonding ability to glass, strong tear strength, and can avoid the scattering of glass broken.
2. Have strong protective ability, can avoid natural disasters and human damage, and have the ability to resist strong winds, earthquakes, violence, theft, etc.
3. Can accept the sudden impact of indoor personnel, to avoid the glass scattering or the whole out, to avoid indoor personnel, items flying out and falling.
4. There is a satisfactory residual bearing capacity. When the glass breaks and then twists and turns, it will not fall.
5. SGP film has a satisfactory shear modulus, so that the entire section of the laminated glass is bent, the bearing capacity of the glass and the tortuous steel are improved, and the glass thickness and the glass weight are reduced.
6. Can withstand the effects of ultraviolet light, water vapor and external climate change, long-term use will not show yellowing discoloration.