Medium-density fiberboard, referred to as MDF or MDFB.
Medium-density fiberboard is a kind of man-made board made by mechanical separation and chemical treatment of wood or plant fibers, mixed with adhesives and waterproofing agents, and then formed by high temperature and high pressure. It is an ideal man-made board for making furniture. The structure of MDF is more uniform than that of natural wood, and it also avoids the problems of decay and insects. At the same time, it has small expansion and contraction and is easy to process. Because the surface of the medium density fiberboard is flat, it is easy to paste various finishes, which can make the finished furniture more beautiful.
Features of MDF
1. Uniform material, dense laminate structure, smooth and clean surface, not easy to deform, stable performance, smooth and delicate edges, not easy to collapse and delamination; non-toxic, tasteless, non-radiation, good air permeability;
2. Good thermal insulation performance, no aging, strong adhesion;
3. The static bending strength, tensile strength, moisture content, nail holding power, water swelling rate and formaldehyde content are qualified.
4. Medium-density fiberboard has finer fiber than ordinary particleboard, and the finish is smooth, no drums, and no layering, which can greatly reduce the amount of material used.
5. Common materials include pine, poplar, and willow eucalyptus. In China, medium density fiberboard is already a good material for furniture manufacturing and home decoration.
Advantages of MDF
1. The MDF is easy to finish and process. Various coatings and paints can be evenly coated on the density board, which is the first choice for the paint effect.
2. Density board is a beautiful decorative board.
3. All kinds of veneer, adhesive paper film, veneer, light metal sheet, melamine board and other materials can be glued on the surface of density board.
4. After punching and drilling, the rigid density board can also be made into sound-absorbing board, which can be used in architectural decoration engineering.
5. Excellent physical properties, uniform material, no dehydration problem.